Looking to Rent?
Our letting department at Unicorn Homes can offer friendly and professional guidance with any queries you may have regarding renting.
- If interested in one of our available properties, call or email us to arrange a suitable time to view the property.
- If you decide you wish to proceed further after viewing please contact the office to advise as the next step is to commence with our referencing procedure.
- All prospective tenants are referenced by an outside referencing company – Homelet.
- In certain circumstances a Guarantor may be required. Please note that guarantors will be named on the tenancy agreement and will also need to sign the tenancy agreement as well as yourself.
- If referencing is successful, you will be required to pay the first months rent in advance together with a 6 week deposit when you move into the property.
- The lease offered is a Private Residential Tenancy agreement (PRT).
- Please note, as a tenant you will be responsible for all utility accounts including council tax. The landlord retains responsibility for repairs and compliance with safety regulations.
Professional Letting Agency
With over 30 years experience, our Residential Letting team at Unicorn Homes are committed to offering our Landlords a stress-free management service.
Fully Managed Service – What’s Included?
It begins with a Free Property Appraisal so that we are able to recommend the standard of presentation required to source a quality tenant and also advise of any updates required to conform to current legislation.
We offer the following services-
- Advice on rental premiums
- Advising you on compliance with statutory regulations ie Landlord Registration, Repairing Standard etc
- Organising Gas Safety Inspection, EICR (Electrical Installation and Condition Report), PAT (Portable Appliance Certificate), EPC (Energy Performance Certificate) & Legionella Risk Assessment if required
- Preparing your property for the market
- Advertising on the biggest property portals
- Accompanied viewings
- Tenant referencing
- Preparing an inventory of the property
- Preparation of Private Residential Tenancy Agreement (PRT)
- Collecting a tenant deposit and lodging it with an approved scheme
- Arranging the transfer of gas, electricity and council tax accounts into the tenant’s name
- Receiving rental payments monthly in advance, and paying you promptly, together with a detailed statement from our computerised management systems
- Arrange periodic visits while the property is tenanted
- Co-ordinate, manage and liaise with tradespeople to attend to repairs
- Organising ‘Move Out’ inventory and settlement of all outstanding bills
- Re-letting the property with minimum of vacant period to ensure you receive maximum returns for your property
Whether you'd like us to manage just one property or a large portfolio, our fully managed service can be tailored as required.
Contact us to arrange your Free Property Appraisal and for more information and advice on how we can efficiently market your property.
Unicorn Homes is a member of the Scottish Letting Agent Register.
Unicorn Homes is a member of the Client Money Protection scheme (CPM).